Welcome to st Mary's church at horsell
St Mary's Church is closed because of coronavirus
In line with Government instructions, both the Church and the Parish Office are closed until further notice. No weddings or baptisms will take place in the church; funerals at the graveside or in crematoriums can still take place with a much smaller group of people.
For any enquiries please contact the church wardens Mike Couper on 01483 770920 or Pam Rowe on 01483 761625
We will be publishing resources each week to help your private worship (archive available).
Recent crafts from our Messy Church service
Resources for Sunday 31st May - Pentecost:
- Morning Prayer Service (including songs)
- JaM@Home - The Holy Spirit comes at Pentecost
- Live your faith from ROOTS - reflections and prayers on this week's readings
- Faith at Home - videos and resources for primary and secondary children - this week on the theme of Humility (assemblies are up, resources follow later in the week)
- The National Service online at 9am Sunday celebrates Pentecost with the Archbishops of Canterbury and York, UK Church leaders and a message from His Holiness Pope Francis. Tune in online at 9am or watch back afterwards
- Bishop Andrew has recorded a sermon for this week on 'The humbling of the human race' at Pentecost
- Guildford Diocese is hosting a Virtual Pentecost Prayer Service at 6pm, including contributions from around the world, local churches and ecumenical partners local to the diocese, including a dramatic interpretation of the coming of the spirit in Acts as told as a video conference, which promises to be hilarious. It will be broadcast via YouTube.
Horsell Matters - June/July Edition: read all about what Horsell is getting up to, some interesting interviews and tasty recipes.
Giving: We've had a lot of people asking how to replace their weekly envelopes, so we've put together some information about how to give financially
Craft Photos: If you want any of your photos of crafts from JaM or Messy Church to feature as above, please send them in!
Foodwise are a charity that is responding to feed families due to the COVID19 pandemic, and they've partnered with Andy's Café in St Andrew's, Goldsworth Park as a distribution hub. You can request assistance via their website, or volunteer to help if you are able.
Resources for every day:
- Catch up on some previous St Mary's sermons
- Coronavirus liturgy and prayer resources, including for children
- EasterPilgrim: The Lord's Prayer - daily readings examining the Lord's Prayer
- Services of Daily Prayer to read
- Diddy Disciples - worship and storytelling resources for babies, toddlers and young children
- Use A Church Near You to find churches live streaming services
- Re-read the letters from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York, and the Bishop of Guildford
- Join in with Thy Kingdom Come from Ascension to Pentecost (21st - 31st May)
- Daily Hope phone line - 0800 804 8044 - a free phone line of hymns, reflections and prayers
If you need any assistance, or want to volunteer to help:
- For health advice, see the NHS 111 site
- Horsell Prepared can help if you are self-isolating, including meals, supplies, prescriptions and more
- Foodwise: for any in need of food due to the pandemic, locally operating out of Andy's Café at St Andrew's Goldsworth Park
- Surrey County Council have a helpline to direct you to services that can help
Registered Charity Number: 1128175
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11, St Mary's Verse of the Year
Making Jesus known : Getting to know Jesus better : Sharing Jesus' love in our world
- St Mary the Virgin
- Church hill
- GU21 4QQ