Welcome to st Mary's church at horsell
Public Worship has returned to St Mary’s!
We are planning to provide a short service of Morning Prayer at 10 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
There is a restricted number of seats within the church, which we have measured according to strict 2 metre distancing. It would be helpful if you could let the Parish Office know, as soon as possible, if you are going to attend regularly. We have published both a video and written guidance about what to expect. We are also hosting JaM for children - please email for more details.
The church is also open for private prayer on Wednesdays, 11am to 4pm
For any questions please email the church office, or call Mike Couper on 01483 770920 or Pam Rowe on 01483 761625
We will be publishing resources each week to help your private worship (archive available).
Recent crafts from our Messy Church service
Resources for Sunday 25th October:
- Morning Prayer service
- JaM@Home - the greatest commandment
- Live your faith from ROOTS - reflections and prayers on this week's readings
- This week's national online service to mark Bible Sunday comes from Holy Trinity, Kendal, Cumbria. The service is led by
Rt Rev Dr Emma Ineson, Bishop of Penrith, who is joined by people from across Cumbria, including two newly ordained clergy. Tune in online at 9am on Sunday, watch back afterwards or read the transcript (PDF)
- It's Bishop Jo's turn to have two sermons this week, the first is on the lectionary reading Matthew 22:34-46 on "Loving God, neighbour and self". Watch online, or read a transcript (.doc)
- Bishop Jo's second sermon is part of the Transforming Generosity series, and is on
Luke 21:1-4 - The Widow's Might. Watch online, or read a transcript (.docx)
- Open the Book have published a video of the story of Walking on Water:
Read this week's notices - to include a notice on the sheet, send the text to Helen in the church office at email@example.com by 1pm on the Wednesday before
Engage Harvest video: Engage have produced a video about the parable of the sower for Harvest, that was shown at the junior school this week.
APCM: Thank you to everyone who attended the APCM either in person or virtually. If you missed it, you can still read the reports: Book 1 (PCC report), Book 2 (reports from church organisations)
Vacancy: we are now advertising for a new vicar again! You can see the timetable for the process, read the advert on the Diocese of Guildford website, and you can view our parish profile
Resources for every day:
- Transforming Generosity - throughout October, Christians across our diocese are invited to look together at the Gospel of Luke through the lens of generosity. Sign up for daily five-minute reflections (in audio or text form) as we seek a deeper understanding of God’s abundant generosity.
- Catch up on some previous St Mary's sermons
- Coronavirus liturgy and prayer resources, including for children
- Services of Daily Prayer to read
- Diddy Disciples - worship and storytelling resources for babies, toddlers and young children
- Use A Church Near You to find churches live streaming services
- Daily Hope phone line - 0800 804 8044 - a free phone line of hymns, reflections and prayers
If you need any assistance, or want to volunteer to help:
- For health advice, see the NHS 111 site
- Surrey County Council have a helpline to direct you to services that can help
Registered Charity Number: 1128175
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11, St Mary's Verse of the Year
Making Jesus known : Getting to know Jesus better : Sharing Jesus' love in our world
- St Mary the Virgin
- Church hill
- GU21 4QQ