Welcome to st Mary's church at horsell
Public Worship has returned to St Mary’s!
We are planning to provide a short service of Morning Prayer at 10 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
There is a restricted number of seats within the church, which we have measured according to strict 2 metre distancing. It would be helpful if you could let the Parish Office know, as soon as possible, if you are going to attend regularly. We have published both a video and written guidance about what to expect.
The church is also open for private prayer on Wednesdays, 11am to 4pm
For any questions please email the church office, or call Mike Couper on 01483 770920 or Pam Rowe on 01483 761625
We will be publishing resources each week to help your private worship (archive available).
Recent crafts from our Messy Church service
Resources for Sunday 27th September:
- Morning Prayer
- JaM@Home - Keeping your word
- Live your faith from ROOTS - reflections and prayers on this week's readings
- This week's national service is a Harvest Festival led by the Bishop of Ripon, Helen-Ann Hartley and includes contributions from farmers across the Diocese of Leeds, and will celebrate God's creation with calls for climate change action. Tune in online at 9am on Sunday or watch back afterwards
- Bishop Jo preaches this week on ‘By what authority?’, from Matthew 21:23-32 and Philippians 2:1-13. Watch online, or you can downoad a transcript
- Open the Book with 'The Tale of Two Houses':
Read this week's notices - to include a notice on the sheet, send the text to Helen in the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1pm on the Wednesday before
NHS Covid app check-in: if you have downloaded the NHS's Covid app, you will be able to use it to check in at physical church services - find out more about how to do this. You can still provide contact details manually as we have been doing so far, it is your choice which you use.
Resources for every day:
- Transforming Generosity - throughout October, Christians across our diocese are invited to look together at the Gospel of Luke through the lens of generosity. Sign up for daily five-minute reflections (in audio or text form) as we seek a deeper understanding of God’s abundant generosity.
- Catch up on some previous St Mary's sermons
- Coronavirus liturgy and prayer resources, including for children
- Services of Daily Prayer to read
- Diddy Disciples - worship and storytelling resources for babies, toddlers and young children
- Use A Church Near You to find churches live streaming services
- Daily Hope phone line - 0800 804 8044 - a free phone line of hymns, reflections and prayers
If you need any assistance, or want to volunteer to help:
- For health advice, see the NHS 111 site
- Horsell Prepared can help if you are self-isolating, including meals, supplies, prescriptions and more
- Foodwise: for any in need of food due to the pandemic, locally operating out of Andy's Café at St Andrew's Goldsworth Park
- Surrey County Council have a helpline to direct you to services that can help
Registered Charity Number: 1128175
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11, St Mary's Verse of the Year
Making Jesus known : Getting to know Jesus better : Sharing Jesus' love in our world
- St Mary the Virgin
- Church hill
- GU21 4QQ